No Fuss Flatbread Pizza RecipeRecipes
Firstly these No Fuss Flatbread Pizzas are the perfect answer to the ‘what do we have in for lunch’ question my family throws at me about 11.45am most days we spend at home.
Secondly the ‘no fuss’ part comes from the fact that the dough does not need to rolled out perfectly flat or into any certain shape, in fact the lumps, bumps and knobbly bits that come from putting these together in minutes make them taste all the better.
No Fuss Flatbread Pizza Recipe
For the base (makes 4 snack size pizza bases)
- 300g Plain flour
- 40g Butter
- 1tbsp Olive oil
- Large pinch of salt
- Dried mixed herbs (optional)
For the toppings
- Tomato Puree (the
- 100g Grated Mozzarella or Cheddar Cheese
- Then any additional toppings of your choice (My favourite Goats Cheese and Rocket and Black Olive and Sun-dried Tomatoes is also another go to for us – but you really can let your imagination run wild here and try any number of combinations you wish)
- Preheat oven to 200/Gas Mark 7
- Place the flour and butter in a mixing bowl and run together with your fingers until it resembles crumbs (at this point you can add dried mixed herbs or chilli flakes for additional flavour if you wish)
- Add the oil a little at a time and mix into the flour and butter until you have a ball of dough
- Place the ball of dough onto a pre floured surface and split into four equal pieces
- Flatten each piece into a pizza base with your hands and place onto your baking tray
- Spread a thin layer of tomato puree on each base, sprinkle on 25g of grated cheese and add your additional toppings.
- Cook in the oven for 10-15mins and then serve